Summer Employment Opportunity – Resilience and Recovery Information Officer
Title: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Hourly Wage Rate: $15; 16 hours per week
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Scarborough Business Association (SBA) provides a support system to develop and further the interests of local companies and businesses in Scarborough. We play an integral role in the business community providing information to help business become resilient and thrive in this uncertain economy. This position will act as a community liaison providing information on request and creating informative documentation to aid the business community of opportunity, recovery programs and upcoming events of note.
SBA makes efforts to ensure that Scarborough receives the attention and the investment it needs for revitalization, economic growth and job creation. In order to achieve these outcomes, SBA is looking for a team member in the role of Marketing and Communications Coordinator representing the youth of the community with notions and ideas to strengthen our rich Canadian identity.
The purpose of this position is to help SBA achieve its goals to assist small businesses in the Scarborough region to lead innovation and development initiatives and ultimately contributing to creation of new jobs.
The tasks and responsibilities of this position will include:
- Help redesign, and maintain our community presence
- Create content for takeaway information as well as social media platforms
- Curate pre-written social media posts
- Recommend and implement improvements to methods of communication
- Contribute to our presence on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and begin engaging influencers
- The incumbent will provide support to the membership and the SBA committees
- Assist marketing team in writing and copy editing press releases, newsletters, email blasts, blog posts and other appropriate content for social media channels
- Manage content for newsletters including advertisements and announcements
- Assist with all email newsletter campaigns
- Participate in strategy and marketing brainstorming sessions
- Assist with special events like ‘Networking Breakfast’ and ‘Networking After 5’ events
- Identify and propose prospects for marketing campaigns
- Manage projects and other duties as assigned
To be eligible for this position, candidates will be expected to have the following qualifications:
- Between the age of 15 and 30 years at the start of the employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment (NOTE: International students are not eligible); and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong written, verbal & organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills with experience in social media & Microsoft Office
- The ability to work independently and with others
- Openness to learning
- Familiarity with and Interest in the community of Scarborough
Posting close May 10
This position will be primarily virtual and you will be working with a team of other students, led by SBA staff and directors.
Can apply to multiple roles, but please indicate preference
Applications should be sent to email@example.com