Summer Employment Opportunity – Membership Coordinator
Title: Membership Coordinator
Hourly Wage Rate: $15; 16 hours per week
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Scarborough Business Association (SBA) provides a support system to develop and further the interests of local companies and businesses in Scarborough.
All activities of the SBA are focused on promoting industry best practices, education, local economic development, collaboration and partnerships, networking opportunities, and a positive image for the region.
SBA makes efforts to ensure that Scarborough receives the attention and the investment it needs for revitalization, economic growth and job creation. In order to achieve these outcomes, SBA is looking for a team member in the role of Membership Coordinator representing the youth of the community with notions and ideas to strengthen our rich Canadian identity.
Membership Coordinator will assist SBA in promoting economic growth in communities through different initiatives such as, developing membership acquisition strategies, and executing acquisition activities to increasing membership. The purpose of this position is to help SBA achieve its goals to assist small businesses in the Scarborough region to lead innovation and development initiatives and ultimately contributing to creation of new jobs.
The tasks and responsibilities of this position will include:
- Identify potential SBA member segments and an appropriate acquisition strategy for each segment (i.e. previous members for renewals, high probability new members, student membership, etc.)
- Gather information about potential members that will lend to developing an appropriate value proposition for each segment
- Assist SBA in helping members by developing and maintaining a database on Scarborough businesses for potential memberships
- Executing acquisition activities based on the developed strategies and collaborating with marketing activities where required
- Assist in proposing and promoting affinity offerings and other value-add membership features for SBA members
- Participate in strategic planning meetings
- Participate and assist in special events like ‘Networking Breakfast’ and ‘Networking After 5’ events
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned
To be eligible for this position, candidates will be expected to have the following qualifications:
- Between the age of 15 and 30 years at the start of the employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment (NOTE: International students are not eligible); and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong written, verbal & organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills with experience in social media & Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Ability to gather data and perform market analysis
- Openness to learning
- Familiarity with and interest in the community of Scarborough
This will primarily be a virtual position although you will work with a team of students, led by SBA staff and directors.
Posting close May 10
Can apply to multiple roles, but please indicate preference
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org