dSummer Employment Opportunity – Administration Analyst
Posted on May 1, 2022
Hourly Wage Rate: $15; 16 hours per week
Scarborough Business Association (SBA) provides a support system to develop and further the interests of local companies and businesses in Scarborough. All activities of the SBA are focused on promoting industry best practices, education, local economic development, collaboration and partnerships, networking opportunities, and a positive image for the region.
SBA makes efforts to ensure that Scarborough receives the attention and the investment it needs for revitalization, economic growth and job creation. In order to achieve these outcomes, SBA is looking for a team member in the role of Process Analyst representing the youth of the community with notions and ideas to strengthen our rich Canadian identity.
The Administration Analyst will assist SBA in promoting economic growth in communities through different initiatives such as, outlining processes, proposing technology to streamline SBA operations. The purpose of this position is to help SBA achieve its goals to assist small businesses in the Scarborough region to lead innovation and development initiatives and ultimately contributing to creation of new jobs.
The tasks and responsibilities of this position will include:
- Creating functional maps and architectures of SBA processes across sub-committees such as (and not limited to) membership, events, governance, etc.
- Developing, process engineering and documenting SBA practices inclusive of (and not limited to) templates, checklists, standard operating procedures to facilitate continuity
- Provide support for implementation for SBA technology in use and recommend or research optimization or other technologies if required.
- Participate in strategic planning meetings
- Participate and assist in special events like ‘Networking Breakfast’ and ‘Networking After 5’events
- Perform other related duties as requiredTo be eligible for this position, candidates will be expected to have the following qualifications:
Between the age of 15 and 30 years at the start of the employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment (NOTE: International students are not eligible); and,
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong written, verbal & organizational skills Please note:This will be primarily a virtual position although there will be in-office responsibilities. You will work with other students and be led by SBA staff and directors.
Posting closes May 24.
You can apply to multiple roles, but please indicate preference Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org