Title: Process Analyst
Hourly Wage Rate: $15
About the Scarborough Business Association
“We are intensely focused on helping Scarborough business by driving prosperity, creating forums for networking, providing education and opportunity. We recognize Scarborough’s strengths of location, skilled labour and diversity. Strong business benefits the entire community.”
It takes hard work and continuous renewal to keep a business steered straight for the future. The Scarborough Business Association wants to provide the tools for prosperity. Whether we are a broker of information on opportunity, the identifier of business community’s education need or the provider of networking opportunities we believe it’s through the collective effort of the business community itself that we will all grow and prosper.
The Scarborough Business Association (SBA) provides a support system to develop and further the interests of local companies and businesses in Scarborough. All activities of the SBA are focused on promoting industry best practices, education, local economic development, collaboration and partnerships, networking opportunities, and a positive image for the region. SBA makes efforts to ensure that Scarborough receives the attention and the investment it needs for revitalization, economic growth and job creation. In order to achieve these outcomes, the SBA is looking for a team member in the role of Process Analyst representing the youth of the community with notions and ideas to strengthen our rich Canadian identity.
The Process Analyst will assist SBA in promoting economic growth in communities through different initiatives such as, outlining processes, proposing technology to streamline SBA operations. The purpose of this position is to help SBA achieve its goals to assist small businesses in the Scarborough region to lead innovation and development initiatives and ultimately contributing to creation of new jobs..
If you believe in this mission, if you believe in Scarborough, and believe as we do that there is immense potential for the future, then join the Scarborough Business Association and strengthen the voice of business in the community!
Find out more here: http://scarboroughbusinessassociation.com
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The tasks and responsibilities of this position will include:
- • Creating functional maps and architectures of SBA processes across sub-committees such as (and not limited to) membership, events, governance, etc.
• Developing, process engineering and documenting SBA practices inclusive of (and not limited to) templates, checklists, standard operating procedures to facilitate continuity
• Researching, proposing and implementing technology to support SBA operations based on the developed functional maps and process documents to support effective communication and distribution of information between the SBA board members (and to SBA members as needed)
• Participate in strategic planning meetings
• Participate and assist in special events like ‘Networking Breakfast’ and ‘Networking After 5’ events
• Perform other related duties as required
To be eligible for this position, candidates will be expected to have the following qualifications:
• This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program studying community development, business administration, finance, public administration or related discipline
• The candidate must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of this temporary work term
• Between the age of 15 and 30 years at the start of the employment
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong written, verbal & organizational skills
• Excellent computer skills with experience in social media & Microsoft Office
• The ability to work independently and with others
• Openness to learning
• Familiarity with and interest in community of Scarborough
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com before 11:59 PM Fri, May 18, 2018
Thank you for your interest and note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
Expected June 2018 start