Title: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Hourly Wage Rate: $15
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Scarborough Business Association (SBA) provides a support system to develop and further the interests of local companies and businesses in Scarborough. All activities of the SBA are focused on promoting industry best practices, education, local economic development, collaboration and partnerships, networking opportunities, and a positive image for the region.
SBA makes efforts to ensure that Scarborough receives the attention and the investment it needs for revitalization, economic growth and job creation. In order to achieve these outcomes, SBA is looking for a team member in the role of Marketing and Communications Coordinator representing the youth of the community with notions and ideas to strengthen our rich Canadian identity.
Marketing and Communications Coordinator will assist SBA in promoting different initiatives through social media to engage a variety of audiences leading to many benefits to SBA and businesses such as, more networking opportunities, common platform for discussion and advocacy, economic development and assisting businesses with new ventures and expansion of existing ones. The purpose of this position is to help SBA achieve its goals to assist small businesses in the Scarborough region to lead innovation and development initiatives and ultimately contributing to creation of new jobs.
The tasks and responsibilities of this position will include:
• Help redesign, and maintain our website and social media presence
• Create content and manage official social media platforms
• Curate pre-written social media posts and automate their delivery
• Recommend and implement improvements to website and other methods of communication
• Maintain presence on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and begin engaging influencers
• The incumbent will provide support to the membership and the SBA committees
• Assist marketing team in writing and copy editing press releases, newsletters, email blasts, blog posts and other appropriate content for social media channels
• Manage content for newsletters including advertisements and announcements
• Assist with all email newsletter campaigns
• Participate in strategy and marketing brainstorming sessions
• Assist with special events like ‘Networking Breakfast’ and ‘Networking After 5’ events
• Identify and propose prospects for marketing campaigns
• Manage projects and other duties as assigned
To be eligible for this position, candidates will be expected to have the following qualifications:
• Between the age of 15 and 30 years at the start of the employment
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment (NOTE: International students are not eligible); and,
• have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong written, verbal & organizational skills
• Excellent computer skills with experience in social media & Microsoft Office
• The ability to work independently and with others
• Openness to learning
• Familiarity with and Interest in the community of Scarborough
- Posting close June 26
Interviews to take place Jun 30
Can apply to multiple roles, but please indicate preference
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org