For immediate distribution
(Scarborough, ON) Mayor John Tory will bring his vision for Scarborough’s future to a lunch with an expected 400 business leaders on May 6.
It’s the fourth year for the Scarborough Business Association’s (SBA) Lunch with Mayor John Tory and it has quickly become an important event on the Scarborough community calendar.
“There’s been terrific momentum for renewal in Scarborough. We’ll be quite interested to see the Mayor’s priorities and vision for Scarborough’s future” said SBA president Peter Haggert.
“This Scarborough Business Association event is a reminder of the vibrancy, passion and momentum within the Scarborough business community. An event like this provides us the opportunity to provide an update on the work we are doing at City Hall for residents and share my vision for the City’s future,” said Mayor John Tory, speaking at the event for a fourth time.
Here are the event particulars:
- Date: Monday, May 6
- Time: 11:30am-2:00pm
- Location: Delta Hotels Toronto East (2035 Kennedy Rd., Toronto, ON)
- Ticket Price: $75/members; $85 non-members. Table of 10 rates also available
Reserve tickets at www.scarboroughbusinessassociation.com
The Scarborough Business Association is intensely focused on helping businesses by driving prosperity, creating forums for networking, and providing opportunities to showcase the local business landscape. The spotlight is on Scarborough’s optimal location, access to education, skilled labour and diversity.
“We thank the Mayor for being an integral part of this event,” said Haggert. “We’re grateful he recognizes the importance of working together and the value of Scarborough as a critical part of the Toronto business community.”
The SBA is grateful to Platinum event sponsors Matrix Mortgage and Toyota, Gold sponsors University of Toronto Scarborough Campus and Centennial College for their support.
About the Scarborough Business Association
- Formed in 2015, the SBA is operated by a board of directors from the business community.
- With both monthly speaker breakfasts and After 5 networking events, it has become a hub for businesses to connect and build partnerships.
- The SBA is independent of government.
- The SBA contributes to various organizations making a difference on economic direction and progress for Scarborough.
For further information about the SBA or Lunch with The Mayor, please contact:
Andrea Hazell, SBA board member and mayor’s lunch committee lead